Thursday, July 15, 2004

You know what?  I’m not feeling a movie review today.  I’m feeling a top five.  Here we go:
 
Top 5 Girl Power Movies (2004)
 
As in, movies that make you feel empowered as a girl/woman/female.
 
1. Thelma and Louise - the right place to begin
2. The Joy Luck Club - also about Chinese empowerment
3. Boys on the Side - a great chick flick
4. Fried Green Tomatoes - possibly about lesbians, but who cares?
5. Chocolat - while definitely a girl power movie, not deserving of those Oscar nods
 
Check it out!  I’ve added a new link to a place called Slate.  I read a column (http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/vp_browndan/20040714.html ) about what a great site Slate is, and I decided to check it out for myself.  It’s awesome.  Honestly, the writing is top notch – a superb blend of intelligence and biting satire. 
 
It reminds me a little of another site I know . . .
 
Just kidding.  Their site is backed by talented people with interesting things to say.  But I had to try, didn't I?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm working on this whole comments business. I'll keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete