Friday, April 01, 2005

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (2005)

Normally I like to avoid these types of personal blogs, as this site is supposed to be covertly, not overtly, all about me, my opinions, and everything I hold dear, but the occasion calls for it.

I don't have a lot of time for movies lately (which is all shades of suck), and Graham Ware's comments got me thinking. Maybe, just maybe, I'm taking this whole independent/hidden gem thing a little too far. Not that I have the inclination to watch more mainstream movies (and I likely never will), but it had occurred to me that you, gentle readers, are vast stores of information. You are all out there, watching movies, liking and disliking with perhaps equal passion to mine.

Okay, maybe not that last part.

In any case, although I tear into movies with Macian gusto most days, I don't want you to be afraid to send your suggestions to me. Drop me an e-mail if you are worried about sharing your opinions publicly. I know, after all, that there are those who avoid leaving comments behind for that reason.

If it's a movie that you truly love, you might want to keep that to yourself. But send me movies you hate then. Movies that just plain went over your head. They'll probably go over my head, too, but at least we'll be in it together.

Okay, I think that's the end of my latest appeal to your generosity.

I am pumped about one movie coming out today, and that is Sin City. I invite any and all Ottawa readers to go see the movie with me this week-end. Check the comments section for updated showtimes.

Hopefully this will go better than my last Clive Owen inspired outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment