Monday, April 18, 2005

Important Advisory (2005)

Two posts in one day! Did I blow your mind?

I've been meaning to talk about this for a long time, so here it is:

Don't go see Kingdom of Heaven. Please do not.

I don't think I ask you for much, and I think you know that most of time when I tell you to do something, it's only a suggestion.

This I am serious about. Do not go see a movie that glorifies the crusades, no matter how much you may like the director or some member of the cast. The crusades were an awful, nasty, brutal massacre. Nothing that involves accounts of children being roasted alive and eaten (thanks MWC!) deserves your attention or your money. Do not help this movie become one of many money-happy summer blockbusters.

This is not some half-assed attempt at reverse psychology. I'm shocked and horrified by the concept of this movie, and you should be as well.

Just please, please wait for the DVD if you must watch it. Please don't make it successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment