Friday, May 19, 2006

Because I care. No, really. Well, at least more than you think.

My current supervisor, who rocks pretty hard, has 4 kids of, shockingly enough, varying ages. And (again, this may come as a surprise to you) not every movie is appropriate for each kid or any of them. I told her that there were online movie guides to help parents navigate the treacherous minefield that is modern movie going, and I decided to add a link in the sidebar to one I like. It's called Kids in Mind, and they rate the Sex & Nudity, Violence & Gore, and Profanity for each movie they review on a scale of 1 to 10. They also break down things like substance abuse and messaging on a case-by-case basis. All in all, it seems like a pretty comprehensive list and a good one at that.


I'm not under the impression that a lot of people with young children read my blog or that high minded young children themselves read it. Nonetheless, even people my age and older could do with a guide like this from time to time to help them stay away from their personal filmic sore spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment