Friday, May 01, 2009

Pop Culture Round Up: April 25 - May 1

Probably. I'm probably not going to pick up an e-reader any time soon, but I think you may be overreacting, NY Times.

"I’m a Post-Paper Evolution Consultant." How do I get a title like that?

I still like it.

You know, I don't think I've ever done that. I'm more likely to make a scoffing noise.

Sad.

Yay! Will he grow a mustache? Wait, what about Damages next season?

I wouldn't have known the answers to all these questions either.

Not only can you read it (drunk?), you can watch it!

This seems a little outdated. Aren't we all convinced of the horror of Wall Street at this point?

I'm weirdly excited about this. Look at young Ken Olin!

"Stoner is the new stud / Because losers become winners in this world of Judd."

That's a strange Photoshopped image, no? And yay, Canada!

Read this. And then this. I mean, seriously, "Talese is sitting under the naked lady with the rainbow vagina." How can you not want to know more?

First semi-colons and now exclamation marks. They're hot for punctuation at the Guardian.

Why? Isn't the novel originally in English anyway?

Can you beat my score? It was mind blowing.

I agree with the general point, but the definition sounds closer to "twee" to me than "kitsch." Maybe shifting definitions have something to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment