Friday, March 27, 2009

Pop Culture Round Up: March 14 - 27

Whoo! Two weeks worth of news! Only not because I haven't had time to read much these days. Even so, I do have a little something for ya.

Russian movie industry in grips of big chill.

"Museum numbers are up, because, quite suddenly, museums aren't much like museums."

Sad. I quite liked him on The West Wing.

Yay! This was one of my two favourite shows when I was young.

Why choose?

"After complaining for years of unfair or insensitive reviews, they have come to the realization that the only thing worse than getting criticized is being ignored."

"
It's a delicate balancing act: Make enough titles to fill the pipeline, but not so many that they drown each other, as happened in 2007 and again last year."

This casting is crazy.

Yay! I bet he doesn't use auto tune.

Heh.

There's a pairing I wouldn't have seen coming.

"There’s pretty good evidence that we generally don’t truly want good information — but rather information that confirms our prejudices."

What, what? I'm going to check this out.

Ha? This doesn't look so good.

Way to stay on the ball. Also, leave him alone. He's a national treasure.

"Even as talent and money cross borders, the studios are finding out that negotiating the distance between Burbank and Bollywood is trickier than expected."

This shouldn't be funny, but it kind of is.

"In a marketing culture so perfectly calibrated that experts can predict what's in our fridge by the car we drive, why is it that what women want in a movie is still considered mysterious?"

"It is all too easy for a female actor to find herself cast as the mother of someone who once played her boyfriend as soon as she blows out the candles on her 35th birthday cake."

Exactly.

Guess they're trying to cover all their vampire bases?

I want to read this now.

Hee!

Oh, how I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment