Friday, January 09, 2009

Pop Culture Round Up: December 20 - January 9

I'm still getting all caught up, you know?

Inglorious Basterds finally gets a release date.

Sort of to the side of Criticism in Crisis, but still good to know.

More Criticism in Crisis reactions.

"Normally, a picture is worth a thousand words. But during blurb season, the laws of nature are reversed." Which is why I head to the movies and see giant Rolling Stone reviews in the place of cardboard cutouts.

Yay, Lauren Graham on TV again!

Speaking of, this reminds me of that Gilmore Girls episode where the town loner wanted to hang a giant sign from the bell tower.

Heh. This list is so curmudgeonly.

What if the movie is the only way you are going to get to see it?

Gak! Brain pain!

Check the slide show.

Gah, this bugs. Won't they at least need him for the before scenes?

They certainly don't seem as inventive as they could be.

Wouldn't be against it!

Why is this news to me? Also, is it just me or does Pegg look particularly foxy in that photo?

Do NOT take this away from us, Judge.

More art to be returned.

Sad.

But scientists, Army, and Al Gore got in the way.

Yes, but are they ideal for a certain song by Spinal Tap?

Not the point: Possession is finally coming out? Dude, I wrote about that last February.

Also not the point: In answer to your last question, no, but maybe he should consider it.

Listen, while that is the best part of Fantasia, what the hell? Just . . . why? Maybe it will be cool. I have my doubts, but maybe.

How cute is the "why am I marrying him?" gallery? (Psst, you have to click on the left to get to it)

I misread this headline and thought one crazy movie was in store.

And in honour of my best friend's most recent birthday.

'Tis the season:

National Society of Film Critics Awards.

PGA nominations.

WGA nominations.

DGA nominations.

Nice of CBC to put all their top 10 lists in one place.

Dana Stevens' Top 10.

Stephanie Zacharek's Top 10.

Vulture's Critics' Poll Ballots and Results.

The best of the AV Club.

TWoP's most disappointing movies of the year, favourite movies of the year, and most hated movies.

MOVIE CLUB! Yes, I was yelling. I loves me some Movie Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment