Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Top 10 of 2007

I made a list. Then I whittled it down to a second list. Now I'm presenting you the third. It was tough. It was a spectacular year for movies, and I only saw and reviewed 50 of 'em in the last year. A whopping 22 received grades in the A range (surely I sign that I am going soft?). Here's the cream of that crop:


  1. Grindhouse (theatre version only, which is why . . . )


Okay, so that's technically 13 movies. I've got Grindhouse on there as a whole that is greater than any one of its parts (not that those parts aren't awesome), but I had to go to 11 because Grindhouse, as I knew it, has ceased to exist. You are really missing out, by the way, if you have picked up either feature on DVD on its own on if only because you'll never know what I'm talking about when I menacingly intone, "He's saving up his nickles and dimes . . .". As for the double count for 11, I reviewed the two together, and I don't want to pick between them. So I didn't. Ten's a nice round number that everyone can count to, but it's not always the best number to go with.

As for the rest of it, what a romantic, depressing, funny, crazy, beautiful year. Oh, and a little happy birthday shout out to Feria Films, who turned four last month. It's going to start asking 4000 questions a day, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment