Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Top 10 of 2005 (2006)

As promised, here is my top ten list of the 37 movies I saw that were distributed last year. As always, some were better than others, some more personal to me than others, and some were so great that it really doesn't matter who watches them or when.

They are in a particular order, but perhaps not in the way you think. I've kind of alphabetized them and kind of rank ordered them at the same time.

10.5 Match Point

Kind of blows your mind, doesn't it? I've got a tie and a Woody Allen movie up there. I've got a movie from 2004 that wasn't distributed until 2005. I've got all sorts of serious, dark, dispassionate films, and I've got a crazed children's movie. If you think about it, I've got something for everyone. 2005 may have been no 2004, but, heck, it wasn't half bad, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment