Friday, July 25, 2008

Pop Culture Round Up: July 19-25

Sort of a slow news week. I spent a lot of it ducking Mad Men spoilers, as season two had the nerve of starting before CTV had finished airing season one. I know they've picked up season two as well; I wonder how long I'll have to wait. As they say in Deadwood (sniff! I just finished that program on DVD. Why, oh why, must I go through life with no more Sol or Dan or Johnny or Trixie or Charlie or, well, anyone?), anyways . . .

Do you ever feel like pieces like "Is TV's well running dry?" are trying to sell you on how TV is changing for the better when they should be sounding the alarm?

Criticism in crisis series continues: LA Times is dropping their standalone book review section.

Hey, did you know that being distracted is the opposite of paying attention? Good! Now distract yourself with this article.

This is one of the greatest interviews I have ever read. I wish Teri Garr was my best friend.

Finally! Also, suck it, failed fake American version.

I've decided to consider this a sign of growth rather than a reason to worry.

Why are Tate Modern and MoMA rivals? They're on different contents, for pete's sake. It's like a lot of people wake up in the morning and go, "Honey, do you feel like going to the Tate today? No? MoMA?"

This blows. I find it hard to believe that it offered that much competition if any.

"Sometimes a book deal comes along that you never knew you were waiting for, but, once it's announced, you realize it has been your secret wish all along." So true. I would read the crap out of this book.

Why is it that I am just now hearing about this movie? A scary children's book turned movie by a pop-horror director? Doesn't that sound great?

Ooo, fun game! Who wants to play?

"I believe this is your sandwich?" has a shot at becoming my new exit line.

No comments:

Post a Comment