Friday, July 18, 2008

Pop Culture Round Up: July 12-18

Earlier this week I lamented that it was a slow news week, nothing but The Dark Knight coverage, but things have picked up. Thank goodness for you, gentle readers. I will tell you that it's an NY Mag heavy edition in case, for some wildly unknown reason, you don't care for that.

Critics reflect on being critics.

Family sitcoms aren't doing so well.

Yay! Battle for the soul of America at the multiplex!

Act quick, and get one for me, too!

Movies don't have the big screen staying power they once did. I was going to say, "So?," but it does make me sad for movies that take a little longer to find their audience.

Apparently I need to bust out Orff's Carmina Burana more often.

Commenting has gotten out of control? I guess so. Also, heh: "If you didn't like this movie I've never seen, you're a prick!"

What the? Will Smith is Pauline Kael's fault?

Why couldn't he find anything more recent than 1984?

Ooo, Gossip Girl scandals! When is that show coming back?

Rather than slogging through the rather oddly presented Emmy nominations on their official site, let those wonderful creatures over at the Vulture short list it for you.

This trailer is weird and wonderful.

No, wait, this trailer is weird and wonderful.

But how will we sing along?

No comments:

Post a Comment