Friday, May 30, 2008

Pop Culture Round Up: erm, a really long time

Dudes, this isn't so much a round up as a build up of several weeks' worth of articles. Even so, let's deal with them, so we can start again fresh on Monday.

A.O. Scott on Roger Ebert going back to writing. As I recently received Roger Ebert's Four-Star Reviews 1967-2007, I have to agree. Ebert the writer is much better than Ebert the television personality.

What they said.

What she said.

Well, sure, that's all well and good, but I'd rather have someone tell me who the hell Sally is!

Okay, okay, but number four? Really? What else are you going to talk about? Cold fusion? I think not.

Edelstein on the best New York movies.

Alright, so Iron Man's already out, and it obviously didn't suck, but the article's still good.

The best part of this is the fact that I think he's only moderately kidding.

The episode's already aired (spoiler alert if you haven't already watched the full season of Gossip Girl, which you should really do immediately), but this site's still a delight.

Mick LaSalle knows the score.

Of their 50, I think 45, 29, 27, 24, 23, 20, 19, and 14 would be my top picks. Especially 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment