Friday, March 16, 2007

Pop Cultre Round-Up XIII

Generate an emo name. Because it's hard to figure out how angsty and misunderstood you are on your own.

So not the Buffy I thought they meant.

What's that you say? Popular interest, critical acclaim, and awards success don't necessarily overlap? Thanks, dude.

WHAT?! Still trying to decide exactly how worried I should be.

Things like this make me want to wear a beret and start talking out of the side of my mouth. That, and add a bunch of movies to my ZipList.

I know at least one movie on this list is right. In high school, a guy told me that he always cries during Rudy because it's "so damn inspirational." This list isn't so bad either.

I may have enjoyed 300 to the point of not entirely understand its critics, but Mark Harris makes a though-provoking argument against it and sterile filmmaking generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment