Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Movie Moments 2017 - Entry 1

I have a sudden, pressing need to immortalize movie moments from 2017, so here we are.

Movie moments are not necessarily the movies themselves. They aren't really things that happened in movies (though those are also eligible), so much as they are things that happened in and around movies this year for me, personally.

So without further explanation, I want to give a shout-out to the lady who sat behind me when I went to see American Assassin.

Now, am I the kind of person who would go to see American Assassin just because it stars Dylan O'Brien? Yes, technically I am. I also like Taylor Kitsch and Michael Keaton (who is so great in this movie, see it just for him), and I like action movies, but, hey, that nice kid from Teen Wolf needs my support.

The support he got, however, was from The Lady Who Sat Behind Me (TLWSBM). TLWSBM was ready to give her whole heart to little Dylan O'Brien. She ooed and awed and marveled. When Dylan (does his character have a name? Does he need one?) was trapped in a tunnel with bad guys on all sides and he did a pull-up to some pipes or vents to hide, she leaned forward and whispered, "Bad Ass." <-- it really was two separate words, the way she said it.

I don't know TLWSBM. I don't know her life. I do know that at the moment, TLWSBM needed to see Dylan O'Brien on a revenge-tinged killing spree. And that Saturday afternoon at the cineplex, she got it. Oh, how she got it.

2 comments: