Friday, June 19, 2009

Pop Culture Round Up: June 13 - 19

That's definitely an improvement over Paul Haggis.

Heh. I just read a story about how much more Internet savvy we are as a nation, too.

"But America’s film critics, an ornery lot, are not dead yet." Thank goodness.

Huzzah! I may have a morbid fascination with the idea of a new Whedon-less Buffy, but this is something I have no interest in seeing resurrected.

To the Zip List! Well, perhaps not.

This does not surprise me. Until we find proof that there are boatloads of unproduced scripts about women at every age and stage, I'd suggest that the people don't seem to understand how to write women, generally, and women's friendships, specifically. I would never want to be part of a reality show, but I can almost guarantee that if you were to follow my best friend and me for any length of time, you would find fodder for hundreds of characters, TV shows, and movies.

Yes , obviously. Relentlessly unfunny is the way this thing should go, given how relentless unnecessary the idea is.

If I could have only found a third 1959 story this week, the sentence, "Suddenly, 1959 is everywhere," would be true.

This is just a saying in my family.

Stories like this make me think that either my friends and I defy all demographic trends or that the survey techniques they use are subtle enough to capture their true markets. We do rent movies like guys, I'm told.

I laughed a little at this because I am mean. I also laugh a little at things like this. And things like this just make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment