Friday, June 20, 2008

Pop Culture Round Up: June 2 - 20

Watch this trailer and get excited.

While I do agree with Sars that the Proust Questionnaire makes him look incomparably douchey, Dana Stevens has arrived on the scene once again to start turning the whole thing around. How does she do it?

Ack! Film critics are an endangered species, and it's possibly my fault.

Or maybe they're scheduled for a comeback?

First The Guardian has me worrying about the semicolon; now the Washington Post wants me to know that the sentence's days are numbered. Apparently that might be my fault, too.

Oh, sweet fancy molasses. "A new paradigm"? It's been going on for a while now, there, Fraizer.

On a positive note, I totally cannot wait to witness this development. They are going to circle each other like hungry cats, I just know it.

And, if you only read one article from this list, let it be this one. It's as passionate and as personal as anything could be, and, given that information about festivals in Calgary really doesn't apply to me, all the powerfully written to get my breath catching in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment