Friday, October 12, 2007

Pop Culture Round-Up

Dennis Lim on James Gray: Mr. Gray is smart and neurotic enough both to complain about being misinterpreted and to know that he shouldn’t.

Vote for yourself, then check out my suggestion in the comments section.

"Director knocks populism, current films" has got to be on the the funniest sub-headings I've read in a while.

"Filmgoers may feel they're in a time warp lately, with movies revisiting what many consider the second golden age of American cinema, if not literally -- they're all set in the present day -- then in style and sentiment." Except that We Own the Night isn't set in the present day, Ann Hornaday makes a pretty good point.

Yay, Crosstalk is back! And they're talking about the only new show I have picked up so far this season: Pushing Daisies.

This isn't the kind of movie that would normally interest me, but the casting is certainly keeping it on my radar.

The rockin' David Edelstein got a blog. I'm glad of it.

Ed. Note: I hope to be back to the business of writing about the movies I've watched very soon. Last night marked my first foray to the theatre and the first new, non-previously-blogged movie I have seen since September 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment