Friday, June 16, 2006

Oh, Bloomers

There's no love lost between Orlando Bloom and I, to say the least. I think very little of him as an actor and even less of him as an individual human being with feelings, except, of course, to further my theory that Orlando Bloom is a) a woman, b) possibly Keira Knightley, and c) a sign of the Apocalypse. I'd go into the whole thing, but it involves 16th century paintings and Virginia Woolf novels, and I doubt you'd appreciate the genius anyhow.

And yet, somehow, I feel compelled to follow his career. Worse yet, I seem to know an inordinate amount about "his" personal life. So when this story came to my attention, do you know what I did? Laughed. Laughed hysterical and repeatedly, as though I cannot return to the story without laughing again. It all seems so improbable and wrong, and, yet . . . hilarious. And that picture? Not only does one of those people look like he is on spring break and the other like she has been locked away from daylight for the last century, but it looks like Bloomers has thrown his mug up in the lens, unaware of the frightened woodland creature next to him.

So thanks for that, Bloomers. And while I'm in a rare grateful mode, let's all give thanks to those programming geniuses over at the TVtropolis network (formerly Prime). Everyday after work I can enjoy Beverly Hills 90210. Today Dylan threw a vase and a fit on his first date with Brenda, and soon she will have a lump on her breast and a pregnancy scare, and later she and Kelly will become frenemies, but she'll save Kelly when Kelly nearly dies from her diet pill addiction. Oh, I love this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment