Friday, June 30, 2006

More pathetic than you realized
 
Who is more pathetic than you realized? Elfin April, of course. See, I get all worked up about movies in the way, basically, that you only get all worked up about . . . well, I was going to say, "your mom," but that's more insulting than I intend this statement to be. Let's reverse. Think about something that you really like. You know, really, really like. You tell everyone you like it, but you try to play down just how much you like it because you don't want to come across as too crazy. In the end, you embarrass yourself when this other person you are talking to has the gall to suggest that there is something wrong with this thing you like, and you end up flipping your basket.
 
That's me and movies. Lots of movies have lots of problems, and I do my best to acknowledge that. I can get behind the fact you don't love everything I love, but I can't always get behind why.
 
So when I come across a nice post/list that seems to defend my point of view, well, I tend to get all worked up about it -- but in a good way. A semi-tearful, someone really gets me, way.
 
See? Told you I was pathetic. It's a good read, though.
 
Yes, I will review a movie again at some point. I plan to carve out some time this very weekend (!) for a stack of DVDs that have been collecting dust for six weeks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment