Monday, February 05, 2018

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018)

Friends, I think it's important that I share some thoughts with you about the third Maze Runner movie. 

Not my thoughts, though. A group of teenage boys sat next to me (why?) and the one right beside me had some critiques. 

On Aidan Gillen: "What's going on? Is he in love with her or something? A bad actor. That's a bad actor." [I felt the same in that moment, folks. The very same]

And as the credits rolled: "Weak. It's a good story, though. It's a good story! It was just too telegraphed -- the music, the camera work. No surprises. Everything's obvious."

This young man also cried when (spoilers) Newt died, and repeatedly looked my way when either anything mushy or anything sad happened in order to gauge my reaction. This resulted in my reaction to pretty much everything being pressed lips as I tried not to laugh at his ... concern? Fear that he would have to witness my emotions in some way? Desire to reach out and comfort me if I did outwardly show my feelings. Who can say.

Also, from the two teenage girls who sat behind me and bawled their eyes out when Newt died: "Thomas could have saved him. He had a knife. He could have cut himself! He's a dumb a-s-s." 

Sadly, no one seemed to think that Teresa the Teenage Epidemiologist was as funny as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment