Thursday, December 14, 2006

Golden Globes

Nominations are out. I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. I'm looking at some of the titles thinking, "That wasn't very good. That wasn't very good. Neither was that." What's happened to movies this year? Were they not very good?

Ah, well. There are the nods that I do appreciate: Justin Kirk, Mary Louise Parker and Weeds; Masi Oka and Heroes*; Katherine Heigl, as Izzie is my fav intern; Sarah Paulson, who is doing yeoman's work on that sad-sack show**; Kyra Sedgwick, who rocks The Closer pretty damn hard; Hugh Laurie; Keifer Sutherland and 24; the double nod for Clint Eastwood that I sort of hope will split the vote and give the award to Martin Scorsese; Rinko Kikuchi, who was the best part of Babel; Will Ferrel, even though I would call that a dramatic role; Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt for The Devil Wears Prada, even if the movie itself was not so good; any props whatsoever for Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio are fine by me.

Oh, and the lifetime achievement award going to Warren Beatty. Now if it would only convince him to come out of retirement. Le sigh. At least I have Bulworth.

*If you're not watching, you need to start.

**Which I faithfully watch every week, like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment